Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Hi I'm Kates! Welcome to my creepy and magical corner of the internet. I started writing daily when my oldest son was hospitalized in September 2018. Writing became my happy place.

 I have two rambunctious and loving little boys. My oldest son has Autism, OCD, and Mast Cell Activation syndrome. He loves chess, Legos, and video games. My youngest son is one of the most unique people I've had the pleasure of sharing space with. He loves super heroes, nature, and painting. We lovingly call him Wolfman. I'm happily married to my favorite human over the age of nine.


 I created Spellbound Poetry and Books to share my love of horror and fantasy writing. I enjoy creating prompts and sharing poetry created by poets on Instagram. I also love reading, and sharing my thoughts with you about the books I'm reading. I'm still stumbling through The Shining, and I hope to host lots of horror and fantasy read-alongs.

 I'm working on, and hope to release my first chapbook soon. I've completed a collection of short stories that I'm currently editing, and I'm in the process of writing a novel.


 I have the privilege of being a co-editor of @graveyard_shift_poetry on Instagram with my friend @bettie_schade. Graveyard is a wonderful page that welcomes all writers to explore the darker side of themselves. We also have a lot of fun.


 Thanks again for being here, and I look forward to sharing lots of writing, and other fun stuff with you. Tell me a little bit about yourself in the comments. What's your favorite scary book? What's your favorite fairy tale? If you're a writer, what's your favorite genre to write? Have a magical day!

🖤 Kates

No comments:

Post a Comment